[Mantis-ti-discussion] Status of Mantis? Current , valid installation guide?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mantis-ti-discussion] Status of Mantis? Current , valid installation guide?

Hopkins, Houston

Is Mantis development / interest still on going?  After hearing from a SIEMENS employee at a recent event I thought I would give it a try.  However, I have tried installing on multiple platforms Ubuntu 12.04 LTS , Debian/KALI,  and via docker with no success.  I seem to get failure around the syncdb step.

 

Any advice/direction to more recent/updated documentation would be appreciated.

 

 

Thanks,

Houston

 

2014-09-12, 12:23:50
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

_______________________________________________
Mantis-ti-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://tiss.trusted-introducer.org/mailman/listinfo/mantis-ti-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] Status of Mantis? Current , valid installation guide?

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator
Hi Houston,

> Is Mantis development / interest still on going?  After hearing from a

yes, it is, but we are too stretched with resources for doing
much about pushing the latest changes (and there are many in comparision
to the v0.2.0) out to the public.

Some time ago, we pushed the development branch to
github, which gives you access to a rather recent development status
of Mantis. But, indeed, the install guide has not been updated, yet.

> SIEMENS employee at a recent event I thought I would give it a try.
> However, I have tried installing on multiple platforms Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> , Debian/KALI,  and via docker with no success.  I seem to get failure
> around the syncdb step.

Did you try to install the development branch or the master branch
with packages pulled from pypi? For the master, the install
documentation on

http://django-mantis.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html#manual-installation

is still accurate and should work.

If your are working with the development branch: the attached bash
script may help you in getting the development branch to work.
It is not complete (e.g. one needs to configure postgres as described
in the installation documentation; one also needs to configure the celery-demon,
which is not yet described publicly) and I may have forgotten something,
but it should get you going (you can get started without starting the celery demon)
Let me know when you run into problems and I will try to help.


Kind regards,

Bernd



PS: Please note that the development branch requires postgres as database: sqlite
does not work anymore...




>
>
>
> Any advice/direction to more recent/updated documentation would be
> appreciated.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Houston
>
>
>
> 2014-09-12, 12:23:50
> The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments
> may be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is
> not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and
> delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

_______________________________________________
Mantis-ti-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://tiss.trusted-introducer.org/mailman/listinfo/mantis-ti-discussion

clone_mantis.sh (2K) Download Attachment