[Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Draschkowitz Lukas

Hi,

I'm looking for help on mantis development. I installed mantis as described in the installation guide and I'm now trying to write an importer module to import my own data set to mantis and also write an app later on to make computations .

I'm not sure how to make it available to mantis, e.g. include modules to mantis to be able to run it via python manage.py <command>

thanks!

lukas

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator
Hi Lukas,

> I'm looking for help on mantis development. I installed mantis as
> described in the installation guide and I'm now trying to write an
> importer module to import my own data set to mantis and also write an
> app later on to make computations .
>
> I'm not sure how to make it available to mantis, e.g. include modules
> to mantis to be able to run it via python manage.py <command>

Enclosed with this email there is a tar file containing a template structure
for an importer module django app.

The following should work:

- untar the files
- use some global recursive replace mechanism (e.g. the usual perl oneliner)
  to replace 'TEMPLATE_importer' with 'foo_importer' where 'foo'
  is your kind of data in the files and also rename the directories accordingly

- on top-level in the directory (e.g. in the directory where the setup.py is),
  do 'pip install -e .' This makes module 'mantis_foo_importer' available
  to the environment; the module is always based on the code inside the
  directory on which you did 'pip install -e . ' (although e.g. in the
  case of 'python manage.py shell', you need to restart for changes in the
  code to carry over into the runtime whereas 'python manage.py runserver'
  usually notices changes in the code base and restarts automatically)

- in the django settings, include 'mantis_foo_importer' in the list of
  apps.

You can check whether things work by doing

  python manage.py mantis_foo_import <path_to_some_xml_file> --settings=<your_settings_module>

This calls the command defined in 'mantis_foo_importer/management/commands/mantis_foo_import.py'
(see <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/custom-management-commands/> for the mechanism
behind this)

It may be that things do not quite work, because I am working with something very close
to version 0.3.0 of MANTIS (still not released) and you are working with version 0.2.0;
I don't have the time at the moment to test the TEMPLATE-importer with 0.2.0 (it does
work with my pre-0.3.0...) But there should not be much amiss...

Your next steps would be to configure mantis_foo_importer/import.py; code to do something
with your data could also placed in this app (adding views, urls etc. the usual Django way).

Kind regards,

Bernd

django_mantis_TEMPLATE_importer.tar (164K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator
Hi Lukas,

> I'm looking for help on mantis development. I installed mantis as
> described in the installation guide and I'm now trying to write an
> importer module to import my own data set to mantis and also write an
> app later on to make computations .
>
> I'm not sure how to make it available to mantis, e.g. include modules
> to mantis to be able to run it via python manage.py <command>

I just pushed a template for an importer to

  <https://github.com/siemens/django-mantis-TEMPLATE-importer>

(meant to do so for a long time but never got around to it...)

To base a new importer on this template do the following:

- Clone the repository and export the files, e.g. as follows::

  git archive --format tar --output <path> master

- Untar the files to someplace else.

- Use a recursive search-replace to replace all occurrances of ``TEMPLATE_import`` with
  ``foo_import``, where ``foo`` is the name of the thing you want to write an importer for.

- Rename the directories containing ``TEMPLATE`` accordingly.

[...]

work with my pre-0.3.0...) But there should not be much amiss... please let me know
if problems occur.

Your next steps would be to configure mantis_foo_importer/import.py; code to do something
with your data could also placed in this app (adding views, urls etc. the usual Django way).

Kind regards,

Bernd

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator

sorry for the second posting on the same subject: the original first
message with the tar-file had been blocked by the mailer program because
of the large attachment ... but somehow tonight the mailer decided
to send it anyways ...

Kind regards,

Bernd

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Draschkowitz Lukas
I'm trying to query the whole dataset stored in the database now in my code. I tried to use a Manager, that has to be instanciated with a Django model class. Would that be 'models' in 'mantis_core'. Would that be the right way to do it ? Basically I want to access the data in the same way I can access it in the browser but I also couldn't find the views in the code that are used to generate the user interface.

> I'm looking for help on mantis development. I installed mantis as
> described in the installation guide and I'm now trying to write an
> importer module to import my own data set to mantis and also write an
> app later on to make computations .
>
> I'm not sure how to make it available to mantis, e.g. include modules
> to mantis to be able to run it via python manage.py <command>

I just pushed a template for an importer to

  <https://github.com/siemens/django-mantis-TEMPLATE-importer>

(meant to do so for a long time but never got around to it...)

To base a new importer on this template do the following:

- Clone the repository and export the files, e.g. as follows::

  git archive --format tar --output <path> master

- Untar the files to someplace else.

- Use a recursive search-replace to replace all occurrances of ``TEMPLATE_import`` with
  ``foo_import``, where ``foo`` is the name of the thing you want to write an importer for.

- Rename the directories containing ``TEMPLATE`` accordingly.

- On top-level in the directory (e.g. in the directory where the setup.py is),
  do 'pip install -e .' This makes module ``mantis_foo_importer`` available
  to the environment; the module is always based on the code inside the
  directory on which you did ``pip install -e .`` (although e.g. in the
  case of 'python manage.py shell', you need to restart for changes in the
  code to carry over into the runtime whereas 'python manage.py runserver'
  usually notices changes in the code base and restarts automatically).

- in the django settings, include ``mantis_foo_importer`` in the list of
  apps. You can check whether things work by doing::

       python manage.py mantis_foo_import <path_to_some_xml_file> --settings=<your_settings_module>

  This calls the command defined in 'mantis_foo_importer/management/commands/mantis_foo_import.py'
  (see <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/custom-management-commands/> for the mechanism
  behind this.)

It may be that things do not quite work, because I am working with something very close to version 0.3.0 of MANTIS (still not released) and you are working with version 0.2.0; I don't have the time at the moment to test the TEMPLATE-importer with 0.2.0 (it does work with my pre-0.3.0...) But there should not be much amiss... please let me know if problems occur.

Your next steps would be to configure mantis_foo_importer/import.py; code to do something with your data could also placed in this app (adding views, urls etc. the usual Django way).

Kind regards,

Bernd

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator
Hi Lukas,

I am not quite sure what it is you want to do. For examples of how
to access data, please look at views.py and view_classes.py in
django_dingos. For an example of accessing the data stored in an object,
have a look at iobject2facts in InfoObjectView_wo_login in dingos.views
and the associated template templates/dingos/grappelli/details/InfoObjectDetails.html
and the template-tags used within that template.

Kind regards,

Bernd

Thanks, now I understand it is the dingos/model.py class, that defines the InfoObject and Facts I am trying to retrieve
I was looking for something like this:

    queryset = models.InfoObject.objects.all().filter(iobject_family__name='AIT_TestData').filter(iobject_type__name='entry')
    for infObj in queryset.all():
        for facts in  infObj.facts.all():
            print facts.fact_term
            for val in facts.fact_values.all():
                print val.value
                print val.fact_data_type

that prints all facts and their values for certain InfoObjects in the database

I am not quite sure what it is you want to do. For examples of how to access data, please look at views.py and view_classes.py in django_dingos. For an example of accessing the data stored in an object, have a look at iobject2facts in InfoObjectView_wo_login in dingos.views and the associated template templates/dingos/grappelli/details/InfoObjectDetails.html
and the template-tags used within that template.

Kind regards,

Bernd

Kinney, Michael A
How do I get removed from this thread?

> I'm looking for help on mantis development. I installed mantis as
> described in the installation guide and I'm now trying to write an
> importer module to import my own data set to mantis and also write an
> app later on to make computations .
>
> I'm not sure how to make it available to mantis, e.g. include modules
> to mantis to be able to run it via python manage.py <command>

Enclosed with this email there is a tar file containing a template structure for an importer module django app.

The following should work:

- untar the files
- use some global recursive replace mechanism (e.g. the usual perl oneliner)
  to replace 'TEMPLATE_importer' with 'foo_importer' where 'foo'
  is your kind of data in the files and also rename the directories accordingly

- on top-level in the directory (e.g. in the directory where the setup.py is),
  do 'pip install -e .' This makes module 'mantis_foo_importer' available
  to the environment; the module is always based on the code inside the
  directory on which you did 'pip install -e . ' (although e.g. in the
  case of 'python manage.py shell', you need to restart for changes in the
  code to carry over into the runtime whereas 'python manage.py runserver'
  usually notices changes in the code base and restarts automatically)

- in the django settings, include 'mantis_foo_importer' in the list of
  apps.

You can check whether things work by doing

  python manage.py mantis_foo_import <path_to_some_xml_file> --settings=<your_settings_module>

This calls the command defined in 'mantis_foo_importer/management/commands/mantis_foo_import.py'
(see <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/custom-management-commands/> for the mechanism behind this)

It may be that things do not quite work, because I am working with something very close to version 0.3.0 of MANTIS (still not released) and you are working with version 0.2.0; I don't have the time at the moment to test the TEMPLATE-importer with 0.2.0 (it does work with my pre-0.3.0...) But there should not be much amiss...

Your next steps would be to configure mantis_foo_importer/import.py; code to do something with your data could also placed in this app (adding views, urls etc. the usual Django way).

Kind regards,

Bernd

> thanks!
>

> lukas

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

Bernd Grobauer
Administrator
Hi Michael,

I don't think you can get off this particular thread. If you
wish to unsubscribe from the MANTIS mailing list or change
settings of your subscription, you can do the following:

"""
Send a message to the '-request' address of
the list ([hidden email])
containing just the word 'help' in the message body, and an email
message will be sent to you with instructions.
"""

(Please note that you cannot access the web interface described
in the help mail because it requires a client certificate)

Use 'unsubscribe' instead of 'help' to get rid of thread and list ;)

Kind regards,

Bernd

Re: [Mantis-ti-discussion] adding importer

PAT MARONEY
Bernd/Lukas,

Thanks for the informative thread.   Bernd:  whats your rough ETC for 0.3.0?  Been meaning to do a deeper dive on the MANTIS internals, add some extensions, and just looking for a general time frame.

Patrick Maroney
Cell: (609)841-5104

On Jul 24, 2014, at 6:12 AM, Draschkowitz Lukas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, now I understand it is the dingos/model.py class, that defines the InfoObject and Facts I am trying to retrieve
I was looking for something like this:

   queryset = models.InfoObject.objects.all().filter(iobject_family__name='AIT_TestData').filter(iobject_type__name='entry')
   for infObj in queryset.all():
       for facts in  infObj.facts.all():
           print facts.fact_term
           for val in facts.fact_values.all():
               print val.value
               print val.fact_data_type

that prints all facts and their values for certain InfoObjects in the database

I am not quite sure what it is you want to do. For examples of how to access data, please look at views.py and view_classes.py in django_dingos. For an example of accessing the data stored in an object, have a look at iobject2facts in InfoObjectView_wo_login in dingos.views and the associated template templates/dingos/grappelli/details/InfoObjectDetails.html
and the template-tags used within that template.

Kind regards,

Bernd

Hi Patrick,

> Thanks for the informative thread.   Bernd:  whats your rough ETC for
> 0.3.0?  Been meaning to do a deeper dive on the MANTIS internals, add

Not sure yet, we are delayed a bit. I think, what will happen in the
next two weeks is that we push the development branches to github
so that a pre-0.3.0 becomes available. I will find out whether
we proceed like that in the next two or three days...

Kind regards,

Bernd